Sunday, September 15, 2013

Teacher Note Home

I feel like I finally have my feet under me now that I've actually been teaching the same grade for a few years. Now I try to set a new goal for myself each year.  Having actual art assignments was my goal last year.  Art always seemed to end up being some quick little coloring activity before last year.  I really tried to make the effort to teach actual art skills. 

The goal for this year is trying to send personalized notes home.  And not just a quick email.  I wanted my students to know that I had taken the time to hand write a sweet note about them.  (Of course they read them before they give them to their parents.) It seems like it would feel great to have this note in your backpack that is complimenting you.  

Maybe I'm over thinking a simple note but maybe I'm not.  It seems like small acts sometimes go a long way with parents and students.  


I decided to make a template and I LOVE the way it turned out! I already sent home two notes. There's one that can be used for boys and one that can be used for girls.  Here's where you can find the Teacher Note Home template. 

Do you have any goals this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment